Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Van Halen

Eddie... what a legend. Alex... Legend. David Lee Roth... Legend! Sammy Hagar... Legend, Michael Anthony... Legend. Gary Cherone ... Semi-Legend. These days Wolfgang is playing in the group.

I only managed to see VH in Australia on the Van Halen III tour. It was the first time they had toured there.

Hot For Teacher intro.... THE best start to a song ..... EVER, I think alex was rockin 4 bass drums in his setup those days! Pitty the video ain't so great.

Eruption... If you can play this, you are pretty good. it's a guitar learners benchmark.
Have seen many stuff this up.
BTW. I can't play it all. Just parts.

Soooo many highlights for me. I could almost list all the albums and singles. But I guess the 1984~5150 years are those that most remember.

I think that 5150 and dreams kind of took things to another level too. The Blue Angels video was pretty cool too.

"Edward Van Halen's 1984 and 5150 guitars are one of the most recognizable guitars in rock history. Ed assembled the guitars himself at the Kramer factory, and even painted it himself with Krylon "rattle-can" paint. The guitars consisted of an original Floyd Rose tremolo, one humbucker, and a single volume knob. A very simple guitar, for a very simple sound that is truly amazing." from ultimate guitar.com and I agree.
These Franenkramer guitars feature the EVH designs that these days Eddie has turned into a mini industry. You can also get some Frankenstein theme sneakers these days from the EVH site.
Some fan chopped this Diabolo. I think Eddie had a Miura with a special Wide body. It's rumoured to be revving in the song Panama!
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.