Thursday, August 6, 2009

BMW M1

I loved the M1 when I was about 8 years old. Had a big poster in my room. The PROCAR races were awesome! Built for Motorsport and then turned into a roadcar. That's how it should be.

They were pretty popular in Australia because the F1 drivers could race them at grand prix events and Aussie Alan Jones often got a ride.

I remember the BASF designs when I started racing RC cars M1 polycarbonate body was the best. basic three stripe design was also cool but over a couple of years there were so many designs and liveries.
I like the twin badges on the rear too. Any Warhol painted one that was raced at lemans.

Youtube BBC, Beastly engine note, Some racing.

This slot car link has some amazing history of Group5 cars where some of the procar M1s eventually continued racing.

Another one for the dream garage

Russ.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.