Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wipeout for Playstations

I remember the first version of Wipeout for the original sony Play Station. It made me pay a lot of money for one. The speed in those days was truely amazing.

Then I played 2097 forever. I watched this intro about 10000 times, I never fast forwarded it. Turn it up!
All credit must be given to the game designers. A simple 3d wireframe allowed the surrounding graphics to be enhanced. The tracks were all the same graphically so frames per second could increase. The Result. One of the most epilesy inducing racing computer games of all time.
Drive fast and power slide everywhere, get massive air time and ludicrous speeds, blow things up and win. All this to amazing aggressive techno soundtracks like Prodigy's firestarter.
Often copied and never bettered. I am yet to get the latest in full , but the demo seems great.
The design of the 3D worlds concept and graphics all come together to make something great.
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.