Thursday, July 2, 2009

My First Car

I might as well reveal my first car. $1800 worth of cool! My 1976 model TX Isuzu Gemini was the best car in the world!!!!

I don't have any pics of it in digital format, so I did the next best thing. This one was the same rusted faded colour, so photoshopped it to the best I could. I added the blackout head and tail light treatment like I did to mine.

I had some of the awsomest Cheviot Turbo wheels in 13x6JJ, that I later colour coded to be yellow. Everyone else was running hotwires at the time so my car was pretty unique. I installed a moderate stereo that I thought was great, but in reality was pretty bad.
This car spent plenty of time atop springbrook on the dirt. I learned to drift on the dirt and I drove it very hard.
As my daily university beast, it was probably a little neglected. Unfortunately after an engine blow from damaged rings. The car was never the same. I sold the wheels and later, My brother rebuilt it, but it was full of rust and eventually went to car heaven.



Found some pics in as bought condition. ...

Check out http://www.ozgemini.com/ for heaps of gemini pics. They are still a popular car in OZ. I dreamed of something like this below. I loved my car. Maybe I'll build another one. NOT!
Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.