Sunday, February 28, 2010

Eco vs Echo

"WOW!!!!! I love this car. I am going to sell my V12 Supra and make one of these."

I can imagine the words of smokey nagata, owner of top secret that is now promoting this rubbish. It's up to me to redeem myself for using 12000000 litres of high octane and be punished drive a prius for the remainder of his natural life and never touch a R35 again.

Go and buy one. Right now! And then spend more making it more efficient than the manufacturer because even the purists believe it's not good.

The concept of eco tuning is wierd. He save 1.6kg of an exhaust and then added probably more than that in non- wind tunnel tested aero at $1600. Rays save 3.6 kg. WOW! Im sarchastically impressed. The guy up the street from me runs his prius with 20" chromies. Weight? He is saving the world.

Its just a waste of time. Knight Sports actually race their Demio. Tuning a smaller car for racing. Not just crappy lip spoiler. Come on TOP secret don't pass aero parts off as ECOlogically friendly. The chemicals you used to make the resin and the electricity used to make the carbon fibre destroyed more than the aero benefit.

Strip the interior and battery pack saving mega weight. Then stuff a t78 on the thing and rig up some and be true to top secret's philosophy. Run it on renewable fuel and you might get more points.

If the TOP SECRET company dies then so be it. But don't go for crap yet. Remember they used to put turbo's on the Vitz, where has that philosophy gone. I made my Toyota "Echo" (Australian Vitz) look cool but it was never an ecologically friendly car. Just a car to save money. I used to have my FOOT to the FLOOR every gear change to drive at the same speed as other cars.

Countries like China and india are just getting interested in cars. They'll be burning more oil in 10 seconds than you can save in 20 years with your prius.

The world is fucked anyway.

BTW I haven't driven my car for 6 months. Take that world. I've done my part.

Can I have a Aston Martin now?

Ranting ranting

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.