Monday, February 1, 2010

Car History


First. I can show my cool ass TA23 celica.. This was paid for with lottery winings.! yay! 

Larry the Laser. This car was a replacement for my Celica and it was my first near new car. I got a loan and everything! I couldn't afford the TX3 4wd version so I settled for the front wheel drive version. It had quite good torque and was faster than other more powerful cars.

I was really getting interested in Rally around 1994 so I sold it and bought a Datsun 1600 510.

It was a DOG parts car for a second rally car. However, the DOG car needed fixing so I never bought my rally car.

Next was this lemon NA 13b RX7. to me in 1995 it was no Series 6 fd3s but it would start my long appreciation of the rotary.

a few days after I took it off the road to install a turbo. It was stolen. Grrrrr. I had a front cut sitting in the driveway.

Anyway, I took the insurance money, and a loan and bought a WRX. Fast and superb.
But too much grip... no fun.

I just got 17" wheels and exhaust tune and it too was stolen.

I bought this MR2 turbo import. But I couldn't get insurance after the last two were stolen in entirely different cities and circumstances. I drove it for a while actually but I worried too much and had to let it go.

It was a nice car.

I bought this cheap and nasty FC turbo. It was quickish but never really went fast. The car was a rebirth as I found out later. I kept the car for a short time. It was loud and intoxicating but I wanted something I could run everyday and not upset my neighbours/girlfriend.

Fun and simple was the answer. NA mx5.... just make sure it's straight. I am the worlds worst car buyer. I must be an easy target cause I always buy lemons. This car had been in an accident and cowl shake was bad. In retrospect I could have tried harder to keep this one, but I didn't want any car hassles.



By the way the chromies were ditched in favour of the stock rims.

The Laser was the most reliable car to date.

So a return to practicality in the form of this EK4 1.6 civic. Very reliable and awesome car. I had a small accident while I was watching a girl get out of a pool! haha. Anyway it was serving me well in canberra but I decided to come to Japan. That meant I could sell it and get an FD3s RX7 !!!!! yeah!


Realise the dream!

Her it is. 1996 FD3s RX7. I got screwed by the buyer in Japan in the end. He bought a cheap car that turned out to need a new engine. I should have walked away from that guy there and then. But this one was good. It just had high Klms.

Eventually I transformed it into....


This...

But somehow I couldn't chose the colour I liked. I don;t know why. If I had painted it white. I probably still would have it. Anyway, with power increases came reliability problems.

So off it went to a new buyer.


And back to reality and reliability. Toyota Vitz is awesome! You can thrash them and they simply wont break.

I came back to Japan and had brain lapse and bought an accident repaired car because I wanted the body changed completely. I never learn.

Anyway. I spent a lot of money... The car became too good to thrash as was my initial intention. Gas rose to insane prices and many other things.

Sell it.

Practically reality is where I am now. But somehow. a New car with few mods. has cost me in reliability. The NC Roadster MX5 I have at the moment is an unreliable car for me. While all my friends are trouble free.

Anyway. It's time to sell it again and return to NO car.

For a while at least...

see what happens from here.

I think I need a new hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.