Sunday, February 28, 2010

Aircraft Moddeling

From the time I was born my father was already an avid RC aero modeller. He gave me the limit of not being able to get an RC plane until I was 5. in that time I developed a love for die cast cars, but also a Plastic modelling fettish.


My father owning a hobby shop fed this passion and hours of looking at model catalogs and deciding which were the best to make was painful. On trips to the Hobby Importer Warehouse, I'd usually return with something. Lucky~!

My fathers workshop was also a great place to build, paint, detail etc. As I got older I got better with the airbrush and cared more about detail and authenticity. but initially they were just for fun.

I covered all the armed forces. But mainly focussed on the US F-Series fighters.

I'd hang some of them in my room in flight position on many hooks so they were always flying around. You can just see the fishing line used to hang them.

I had F-4, F-6, F-14,15,18, 111 and many others in many sizes but mostly 1/72.

Larger models allowed for good results however. This 1/48 Monogram F15 is a favourite.

As is the 1/32 F-16 from Hasegawa. Probably my best effort, although nowadays it needs a refresh.

In the end I had too many, so they are now in a box, ready to one day return to display. some are a little worse for wear with small broken parts but most are still in good condition.


Usually displayed on full detail dioramas with trucks and weapons, pilots and workers, these pics don't do them justice. I need a large area for display, ... maybe one day I'll get all my collections together from childhood.

Believe me, these are just a few.

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.