Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Low Rider


















Play me. and read on.

This song by War in 1975 is instantly recognized as the theme for a the insane low rider scene.

I used to play this song over and over as I cruised around dreaming of getting a 1962~1970 pilarless chevy impala on hydraulics. To detail and paint to polish the chrome and drop the stance. There are just cool.



When they are high and pumping up and down the street, it's pretty crazy. These days things are a bit out of hand. like this craziness.

but I still love the whole vibe of the scene. Lowrider always featured these awesome cars with awesome girls. I wonder why I used to buy this magazine when I was much younger. Yes that's right the gorgeous curves, the decoration, the .....  you get the idea.




Actually I used to get these and custom street truck magazine for paint ideas for RC cars. A few shades of one colour layers in airbrushed graphics is awesome.

I love the way these cars are show cars that still get driven. Its a part of car culture that has avoided carbon fibre. Lets hope it stays that way.

If I ever get to Miami. I'll be going to some car shows.

Check out http://www.lowridermagazine.com/ for all the awesomeness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.