Sunday, May 8, 2011

Cosmagician


F1, Daniel Simon, HRT, Kamui and more.

Where to start? One post or many... we shall see. Sometimes worlds collide.

Let's start with Daniel Simon. I'll call him the cosmic magician.



A long time ago, I saw his design book called Cosmic Motors. Unlike Syd Mead's concepts, Daniel's use of very modern tools creates a totally different image thats's finished and incredible.

While I dable with design on paper and basic photo manipulation, the time to turn my designs to art doesn't eventuate. Maybe one day.
My scrap book is large.



Anyway. Somehow he has managed to carve a design career with cars. Recently he was linked to HRT f1 team to design Kamui and co's F1 Livery

The result is something very cool! I'm recently designing a few more vehicle liveries myself so I'm always interested in this kind of merging of artists and mechanics.

Maybe I'll post some sketches of the Bently LM I've been working on.

F1 recently has a lot of changes. Some I like, some I don't Some are useless. Maybe thats another post.

Russ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.