Saturday, August 28, 2010

Split Window

Type in "Split Window" and your search results reveal two of my favourites.

The 1961 VW Bus. "The Kombi" and to a lesser extent the beetle.

And

the 1963 Chevrolet Corvette.

These are two of my favourites.


1.. Kombi.

While my parents owned a Kombi camper, I spent a lot of time sitting up front on a 20L paint drum between the front seats. Safety? What was that.

A Kombi has a Zero crumple zone. Later, I remember seeing one that had been in an accident and thinking. Wow those people died.


Anyway, I digress. The Ute holds a level of coolness. Sooo classic.

The split window versions hold another level of cool with the opening front and side windows.



DAMN! THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT.

Or MAYBE THAT! YO! MF!

But don't get carried away.

2. The Vette!

The style is amazing, so much going on but it works. 1/2 bumpers, half windows, half deep front and rear.
Revolving lights and double cookers at the rear. Bulbous and pumped, vented and chromed

Whitewalls and those hub caps. Almost the last car with super bold styling.

There's only one thing better than a Split window Vette. And thats a no window vette with a 454 and huge lake pipes!

YAAAAAAAAAAA! FECK THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have something to add.

Add it here....

Russ.